A few weeks ago I came across an article online about the 5 things you should do before getting out of bed in the morning, and I never closed it. It is still open in my browser today. I know, why couldn't I just write them down or bookmark the page?! I like seeing it in my tabs as Im searching for other things on the web and reminding myself of these 5 simple steps to help you elevate your state of mind every morning. They seems so simple but can be so effective and I just have to share them with you now!
- Express Gratitude - You exist!! Be thankful that you wake up every morning to explore a new day. Life is a journey, and yes there will be ups and downs but you can always find something to be grateful for.
- Set Your Intentions For The Day - You have never started something or changed anything before without first setting the intention to do so. You can make it something specific like doing laundry, or something much more broad as intending not say anything negative for the day.
- Take 5 Long Deep Breaths In & Out - If I have learned anything from yoga it's the your breath helps to center you. Close your eyes and take a SLOW, deep inhale thru your nose and then push it all out thru your mouth. Try to squeeze all the air inside you out. Repeat this 5 times and feel your stress melt away!
- Smile - You don't need a reason, just flex the muscle! Smiling has been proven to reduce stress and blood pressure and boost your immune system. So why not?!
- Forgive Yourself For Yesterdays Mistakes - Nobody is perfect. Forgiveness benefits you more than anyone else. Yes there are always going to be things we wish we did better or didn't even do in the first place but forgive yourself. As long as you learn and grow you are a better person for it!
Pretty easy right?!