We have all heard the saying, 'Laughter is the best medicine'. So today is the day to take your medicine! It's NATIONAL LAUGHING DAY!
Did you know...
- When you laugh your actually strengthening the muscles in your face, stomach and diaphragm. Not saying to skip the gym but laughing does your body good!
- For every 15 minutes of laughing you burn up to 40 calories. WOW! Who needs to diet?!
- Laughing can create an instant bond between people. When you laugh with a another person or a group you feel a natural connection which helps the alleviate some of the stress that being around new people can create.
- Laughter is contagious. You know you have found yourself laughing with someone and you have no idea why!
- We tend to find people who laugh a lot more attractive. HAHA! ;-)
- Laughing helps to lower our stress levels by lowering the levels of cortisol in our bodies and can also help fight off harmful diseases. Just add a good belly laugh to that apple a day and you will for sure keep the doctor away!
What are you laughing about today?