Is daylight savings messing up your schedule? Well don't worry because you can get back that hour today.....ITS NATIONAL NAPPING DAY!!
Napping is known to have a range of benefits!
- Mood booster - don't become that cranky toddler! Lack of sleep can cause the same crankiness in adults, we have just learned to not throw tantrums.
- Zaps stress - even just laying down for 20 minutes can help you relax, The National Sleep Foundation recommends calling it a 'mini-vacation'.
- Increases creativity - the right side of your brain is strongly linked to your creativity and becomes more active in REM. So take a longer naps and wake up with the answer to something that's been bugging you!
- Boosts productivity - a short power nap can be better than an afternoon cup of coffee!
- Boosts alertness - studies have shown that even just 10 minutes can help you feel more alert during your work day!
I am a huge advocate of siestas and now hopefully you are too!
Find some time for yourself today, I promise you won't regret it.